Senior Field Examiner - Asset Based Lending (ABL)
Eclipse Business Capital (EBC) is seeking a full-time Senior Field Examiner to perform more complex ABL field examinations of clients and prospective clients to provide EBC with a first level of risk management by: 1) determining collateral quality, 2) identifying operational issues, and 3) making recommendations to improve EBC's collateral position. This position will work closely with Credit and Operations.
Clients and prospective clients include public corporations, private equity owned companies, and small-to-mid-sized entrepreneur/privately owned businesses. Facility sizes range from $10,000,000 to $200,000,000+.
This position is for a "Field Examiner" or "Field Auditor", and primary responsibilities include:
- Audit potential and current borrowers that have accounts receivable and/or inventory as primary sources of collateral.
- Conduct on-site, survey, and takedown field exams to assess quality of collateral monitoring for new clients.
- Perform recurring operational field examinations of current customers.
- Possess ability to act quickly to engage in troubled loan examinations.
- Evaluate accounting systems and controls.
- Evaluate various assets as collateral for loans other than working capital (i.e. M&E term loans and RE term loans).
- Determine and validate the asset quality of account receivable, inventory, and all other general ledger accounts.
- Formulate meaningful recommendations to improve credit and collateral quality to assist EBC in making sound lending decisions.
- Communicate the results of the field exam in a formalized report to a vast array of readers so that the readers can understand the fundament risks of these loans.
- Design, implement, maintain, and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis with the ability to identify any risk-related issued needing to be escalated to management.
- Mentorship of Junior Field Examiners.
- Leadership, Coaching, and Mentoring of Junior staff.
- 5+ years of field exam experience (ABL industry or similar type of industry preferred).
- Demonstrated work leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability interfacing with clients / prospective clients.
- Proven ability to manage priorities and work well under tight deadlines
- This position is located in downtown Chicago with flexibility to work a hybrid schedule.
- Some travel is involved.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to [email protected]